Social Media Quick Facts: LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is older than both Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, being created on 5 May 2003.
- There are more than 70 million users worldwide.
- Members of LinkedIn come from more than 200 countries from every continent.
- LinkedIn is available in six native languages - English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Oracle's Chief Financial Officer, Jeff Epstein, was headhunted for the position via his LinkedIn profile.
- 80% of companies use LinkedIn as a recruitment tool
- A new member joins LinkedIn every second.
- LinkedIn receives almost 12 million unique visitors per day.
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are on LinkedIn.
- Recruiters account for 1-in-20 LinkedIn profiles.
Statistics from LinkedIn press centre and SysComm International.