Social Media Quick Facts: Blogging
- 77% of Internet users read blogs.
- There are currently 133 million blogs listed on the leading blog directory Technorati.
- 60% of bloggers are between the age of 18-44.
- One in five bloggers updates their blogs daily.
- Two-thirds of bloggers are male.
- Corporate blogging accounts for 14% of blogs.
- 15% of bloggers spend 10 hours a week blogging.
- More than half of bloggers are married and/or parents.
- More than 50% of bloggers have more than one blog.
- Bloggers use an average of five different social sites to drive traffic to their blog.
Statistics from Technorati's State of the Blogosphere 2009.