Quirky New Resolutions To Try For 2022!
Kick the bland resolution tradition this year, and start a new year with some of these must-try goals to put a positive spin on your 2022.
Drop the juice cleanse.
Toss the bathroom scale.
Take the pressure off yourself — and get in more smiles this year.
As the late and great Betty White has said,
“Everybody needs a passion. That’s what keeps life interesting. If you live without passion, you can go through life without leaving any footprints.”
Heed Betty's advice, find your passion in life — even if it is silly! Keep life simple and impactful and challenge yourself — one (little) step at a time.
We have compiled a list that encompasses fun ideas to try throughout the year. These challenges may not be on your bucket list — but they should be! There is no question, you may have already started these tongue-in-cheek trends (wine' o clock?) but there is no time like January to pick them back up again — in full force. However you decide to take on 2022, this year's goal should be to take more time to smell the flowers and relax.
If you're looking for even more ideas of New Year's resolutions that are actually doable, check out Best New Year's Resolutions You'll Actually Keep.
Try These On For Size
Best Quirky New Resolutions for 2022
- Order every drink on the Starbucks menu using your real name.
- Flamingo a friend’s yard, just because you can.
- Perfect your charcuterie board skills.
- Copywrite your social media.
- Stop drinking your morning coffee AFTER you brush your teeth.
- Spread your toast with your non-dominant hand.
- Exercise … your right to Taco Tuesday!
- Host a chicken party.
- Stop blaming my farts on the dog.
- Wine down the day with a glass of vino … oh, wait, you’ve already perfected that resolution.
- Treat your car to regular disco carwashes.
- Write a positive employee review once a month.
- Film a Tic Tok trend.
- Spend a night ending each and every sip of your drink with an enthusiastic, “Now, that’s the ticket!”
- See how many times you can watch your favorite series back to back, in one year, without getting bored of it.
- Bring up your enneagram number any chance you can and get friends to find out their number.
- Join a 'buy nothing' group on Facebook and trade up to see how big of an item you can get.
- Keep gum or mints in your purse and be the friend that always has them to offer after meals.
- Read a page from a book once a day.
- Work “ What's Crackalackin?” into a conversation at least once a week.
- Drink your coffee while it’s hot
- Got a little Junk In The Trunk? See what treasures are hiding out in the trunk of your car.
- Throw a penny in the mall wishing well every time you go (and get rid of all those pennies in the process).
- Host a Sunday Supper for your friends at least once a month.
- Learn the "Thriller" dance by Halloween
- Try cooking a recipe ... in another language!
- Break your New Year’s Resolutions … and don’t feel guilty — one bit!