Digital Marketer / Analyst
We are a virtual marketing department - an agency made up of pretty amazing people with epic skills and whole lot of drive. Our clients are small and mid-sized businesses across the Okanagan and beyond. We offer strategy, design, and advertising services to help their companies grow.
What we need:
We need a Digital Marketer to add to our team. Everyone at Twin Creek wears a few hats, so the job will cover a lot of technical marketing areas. Fundamentally, the job is analytical and involves lots of numbers and math. Knowledge of SEO, paid ad platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google), and spreadsheet experience is required.
A bit about money, time, and pace at Twin Creek...
Our marketing agency is fast-paced and the nature of the work changes all the time. You'll have easy weeks and crazy weeks.
We give people a lot of freedom, so motivated people do better than people that need micro-managing. You'll have a great annual salary. You have vacation time & flex time.
We don't work by the hour and you don't get paid by the hour. Did you come in at 7:30am, 8:30am, 9:15am? Did you leave at 3:00pm 5:15pm, 7pm? Doesn't matter too much.
We're more concerned about results and doing great work that our clients love. When our clients win, we win. Some days will be long, others short. Some weeks are under 40hrs, others 50+ hours. You get paid the same. There's no overtime, but there's balance.
This position is in-house in Kelowna, BC & full-time, although since COVID started we have been working remotely for about half the time. Still, you need to be local. During normal times, we are all in the office 3-4 days per week. We're not looking for 100% remote workers.
The salary for this position is a range between $40,000 and $60,000, depending on experience and skills.
We offer perks and flexibility so you can have fun and enjoy life. We live in Kelowna for a reason, right?! Life's too short to hate what you do every day, so let's build something great together.
- Flexible working hours: as long as the work gets done and on time, feel free to go to your personal appointment, pick up your kid, etc.
- Partly remote: our team works remotely 1-2 days per week normally. So work from home, coffee shop, beach, etc.... or even relax if you've had a crazy week
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Health benefits
- Casual dress (Flannel shirt? Graphic tee? Korean fashion runway? Go for it!)
- Fun team lunches, outings, conferences, etc.
TWIN CREEK'S PEOPLE & CULTURE
You are someone who wants to get the job done... you have a small fire burning in your soul and you need to make cool things happen. You like organization and structure but also need some space to do it your way. You are eager to help clients and can wear different hats to support the team. You have worked in a marketing department somewhere before or have previous agency experience.
Basic skills you'll need to survive:
- Be able to both work in a team and on your own
- Take initiative, be a self-starter, own your work
- Think critically; you're not a robot
- Be fearless, share your ideas, and make things better
- Ability to problem-solve under pressure
- Familiar using a Mac computer
- Familiar with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs)
- Excellent time-management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Honesty and integrity—own up to your mistakes quickly and learn from them
What you'll be doing:
Our Account Managers will assign you tasks. Lots of tasks! You'll juggle all kinds of work for different companies, in different industries. Never a dull moment!
- Strategy Work
- Market research, gathering stats, industry info, trends - you're no stranger to hunting & gathering on Google.
- Competitive analysis and benchmarking - your analytical brain loves running reports, creating summaries and comparisons.
- Google Keyword Tool, keyword research, search engine ranking factors, and on-page SEO knowledge - you know how to improve a website's ranking.
- Work with other media companies and contractors (gathering quotes, details, samples, project info).
- Design Work
- You don't need any serious design skills, but the ability to open Photoshop or Illustrator and tweak or resize things is needed.
- Writing and blogging - you don't need to be a great writer (we have people for that), but your proofreading, formatting, SEO, and publishing skills need to be excellent.
- Update clients’ websites with new content through their content management system. No real coding is necessary, but basic HTML knowledge is required.
- Communicate clearly and directly with team members concerning performance expectations, productivity, and accountability.
- Advertising Work
- Setup and management of Google Search Ads & Display Ads
- Setup and management of Social media ads and sponsored content
- Performance reporting - you need to slice and dice data like a ninja running their blade through 5 watermelons in the air (using software tools AND grade 9 math skills).
- We use lots of software tools and you'll learn them. Inevitably, we need a custom report so Google Sheets is our tool of choice for number crunching. You need to know how to use formulas and link cells & sheets up.
- Analysis - you read numbers and then explain it in English to everyone else. If you don't know the answer, you find it fast, because you're a nerdy Sherlock Holmes like that.
What you've got:
- College or University Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Design, Computer something-or-other
- If you don't have the piece of paper, do you have evidence that you have deep knowledge? Show us.