Social Media Manager
What we need
We need a Social Media Manager to add to our team.
The job is everything social for a wide variety of clients. This means you’ll be planning, executing, promoting, and measuring social campaigns for our clients. We need someone to own it!
What you'll be doing
- Work with Account Managers to strategically plan, schedule, and post social content across multiple channels for a number of clients
- Create engaging social content; seriously good words and great design to elevate posts
- Ensure content can be measured through tracking and other metrics (it’s all about ROI and results)
- Boost posts and content across channels to help meet business goals– strictly watching budgets and schedules
- Onboard clients/set up new social media accounts for clients
- Optimize social profiles
- Recommend opportunities and recognize trends that will wow our clients and enhance our overall marketing portfolio
Skills we are looking for
- College or University Degree in Business, Marketing, English, Design, etc.
- If you don't have the piece of paper, do you have evidence that you have deep knowledge? Show us.
- 4+ years in social media (within an agency or marketing department)
- 2+ years managing paid social campaigns
- Mac friendly and Google Suite familiar (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Experience with Social Media Management Software (Fanpage, Hootsuite, Loomly, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience in Meta Business Suite
- Your knowledge of social media needs to go beyond Facebook and Instagram. :-) Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Tiktok… and so on! The platforms change depending whether we’re working with B2B or B2C companies.
- Be able to both work in a team and on your own
- Take initiative, be a self-starter, own your work
- Think critically; you're not a robot
- Be fearless, share your ideas, and make things better
- Ability to problem-solve under pressure
- Excellent time-management
- Excellent verbal and written communication - really strong writing, editing, and grammar skills are a huge bonus (borderline mandatory) to succeed in social media marketing
- Design skills - experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator) is a bonus and would make your life easier in this role but not total necessary. Using amateur tools like Canva can also help in a pinch.
- Honesty and integrity—own up to your mistakes quickly and learn from them
You are someone who wants to get the job done... you have a small fire burning in your soul and you need to make cool things happen. You like organization and structure but also need some space to do it your way. You are eager to help clients and can wear different hats to support the team. You must have worked in a marketing department/role somewhere before or have previous agency experience.
TWIN CREEK'S PEOPLE & CULTURE
We are a virtual marketing department - an agency made up of pretty amazing people with epic skills and a whole lot of drive. Our clients are small and mid-sized businesses across the Okanagan and beyond. We offer strategy, design, and advertising services to help their companies grow.
A bit about money, time, and pace at Twin Creek...
Our marketing agency is fast-paced and the nature of the work changes all the time. You'll have easy weeks and crazy weeks.
We give people a lot of freedom, so motivated people do better than people that need micro-managing. You'll have a great annual salary, vacation time & flex time.
We don't work by the hour and you don't get paid by the hour. Did you come in at 7:30am, 8:30am, 9:15am? Did you leave at 3:00pm 5:15pm, 7pm? Doesn't matter too much.
We're more concerned about results and doing great work that our clients love. When our clients win, we win. Some days will be long, others short. Some weeks are under 40hrs, others 50+ hours. You get paid the same. There's no overtime, but there's balance.
This position is in-house, working physically in our Kelowna office 3 days per week (Tuesday – Thursday), and remote 2 days per week (Monday & Friday). If you are only interested in 100% remote, please do not apply.
The salary for this position is a range between $50,000 and $65,000, depending on experience and skills.
We offer perks and flexibility so you can have fun and enjoy life. We live in Kelowna for a reason, right?! Life's too short to hate what you do every day, so let's build something great together.
- Flexible working hours: as long as the work gets done and on time, feel free to go to your personal appointment, pick up your kid, etc.
- Partly remote: our team works remotely 1-2 days per week normally. So work from home, coffee shop, beach, etc.... or even relax if you've had a crazy long week
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Health benefits
- Casual dress (Flannel shirt? Graphic tee? Korean fashion runway? Go for it!)
- Fun team lunches, outings, conferences, etc.