Social Media Quick Facts: Twitter
Here are some of the latest social networking and social media stats for 2011, this time for Twitter. Click here if you missed our Facebook stats post.
- Twitter's web platform only accounts for a quarter of its users - 75% use third-party apps.
- Twitter gets more than 300,000 new users every day.
- There are currently 100 million users of Twitter's services.
- Twitter receives 180 million unique visits each month.
- There are more than 600 million searches on Twitter every day.
- Twitter started as a simple SMS-text service.
- Over 60% of Twitter use is outside the U.S.
- There are more than 50,000 third-party apps for Twitter.
- Twitter has donated access to all of its tweets to the Library of Congress for research and preservation.
- More than a third of users access Twitter via their mobile phone.
Statistics from Twitter and the Chirp Conference.