How to Connect with Customers using LiveChat®
“Hi! How can I help you?” Have you ever noticed a friendly greeting pop up suddenly while you are visiting a website? Online chat support applications such as LiveChat® are one of the best customer relations tools in your online business arsenal.
A big part of web-related business marketing, LiveChat connects you with clients in a proactive manner. By integrating LiveChat into your website design, you attract potential customers with personalized service, guiding them along the sales journey by turning conversations into transactions.
After all, a happy customer is a repeat customer.
What is LiveChat?
LiveChat appears as a pop-up window when a visitor is on your website... just like the one you see at the bottom of our site right now.
POP! Did it just pop up? Say "hi" ;-)
One of the quickest methods of customer service, visitors can interact one-on-one with a live agent via instant messaging rather than having to wait and speak with a representative on the phone, through email, or on social media channels.
When a website visitors types into the chat box, your staff can immediately:
- Answer sales questions
- Provide technical support
The speed and efficiency of chat goes a long way towards improving customer relations.
How Does it Work?
LiveChat is as easy as texting your best friend.
LiveChat typically opens with a simple question such as, “Need help?” The website visitor then clicks on the chatbox and types in his or her name and email, and then types in a question, query, or concern. The operator then responds, and a conversation ensues.
There are a couple of ways businesses can chat with their customers. The most common are:
- Greetings and chat buttons. Customers click on the button to start the conversation with one of your designated agents.
- Chat transfer. Hand over your chat to another live agent, which is especially helpful when you don’t know the answer to a particular question or don’t have an agent available onsite to respond to customer queries.
What are the Benefits of LiveChat to Businesses?
- Saves money. LiveChat is known to be more cost-efficient compared to phone and email support
- Engages customers and generates leads
- Offers personalized service
- Solves issues proactively
- Improves customer satisfaction
- Increases sales by handling questions quickly
- Turns visitors into customers
- Builds long-term relationships
- Gives businesses a competitive advantage
- LiveChat is meant for real human agents behind the scenes, but Chatbots can be used too, which leverage artificial intelligence to have many simultaneous conversations along predefined subject matter pathways.
What are the Benefits of LiveChat for Customers?
- Saves time. On average, it takes less than 23 seconds to have a question answered or an issue solved via LiveChat compared to email or social media
- Offers 24/7 service—the chat form reverts to an email form when no staff are available to chat
- Gives instant access to information
- Allows customers to multi-task
- Provides a shorter wait time than phoning a call centre for service
- Saves your conversation
Personalized LiveChat For Your Website
A website designer can help make your LiveChat application more personal by:
- Placing a pre-chat form in the LiveChat browser so that your agent can respond to the customer by name
- Adding the name and photo of the agent handling the chat
- Providing a sound effect to initialize the popup
- Including a proactive greeting, such as, “Welcome back” to customers returning to your website
- Placing a live help button that connects the customer to a phone line or video chat
- Using design elements that compliment your brand or logo
- Being able to track what your customers are interested in or are buying
- Tie the chat sessions into Google Analytics so you can measure the results of your marketing efforts. Just like using unique call tracking phone numbers to measure the results of your advertising, you can measure the source of your website chat sessions too.
How to Add LiveChat to a New or Existing Website
Costs typically range between $15-$50/mo. for most of the popular website chat software tools.
We've tested many different chat platforms, and finally chose LiveChat as our favourite... so much so that Twin Creek Media is now an authorized LiveChat partner.
We've installed live chat tools on many websites with great results. Our clients love it and their customers love it.
If you’d like to leave the details to the experts, our digital media agency can help customize your chatbox with your brand, personal greeting, and more. Just contact us and we can help!
Interested in offering products and services too? See how we can help your business manage online sales by reading How to Sell Online with Shopify.
Twin Creek Media’s team of professional Kelowna website developers and marketing gurus have worked with both local and national companies on their website strategy, production, design, promotion, and programming. Let us help you integrate the tools you need to do business in this current climate.