Social Media Quick Facts: YouTube
- The very first video uploaded was called "Me at the Zoo", on 23rd April 2005.
- By June 2006, more than 5,000 videos were being uploaded every day.
- YouTube receives more than 2 billion viewers per day.
- Every minute, 24 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube.
- The U.S. accounts for 70% of YouTube users.
- Over half of YouTube's users are under 20 years old.
- You would need to live for around 1,000 years to watch all the videos currently on YouTube.
- YouTube is available in 19 countries and 12 languages.
- Music videos account for 20% of uploads.
- YouTube uses the same amount of bandwidth as the entire Internet used in 2000.
Statistics from YouTube press center.